|M.Sc Student||Faraj Emad|
|Subject||Quality Assurance on Construction of 400kv Transsmion Line|
|Department||Department of Quality Assurance and Reliability||Supervisor||Professor Gedalyahu Manor|
Introduction: Electric transmission network all over the world faced with the same challenge of optimizing their transmission line resources to maximize capacity and quality to satisfy the growing demand for power.
Construction damage to transmission line accessories compromises power integrity and Reliability. Some of the Israel electric co breakages could be traced through improper storage, handling and erection. Moreover, the damages may not be visible and latent failures can occur after a few years of service.
The project developed a mobile technologies- computerized quality assurance system (CQAS), it provides field crew with design data on line. Moreover, CQAS can be utilized by other unites like maintenance, asset management etc.
Objective: The Project has met its goal of developing a quality tool - CQAS that will illustrate the connection between the field construction data and design requirement, resulting in cost efficiencies, safety and improved productivity.
1. Design compliance: The line design shall take certain Considerations to eliminate the risk of damage to transmission Line accessories during construction. For instance, line accessories erection difficulty reported by a field personnel to the CQAS as out of tolerance, allows line designer to select the right method to repair.
2. Continuity improvement: The same activity monitored repeatedly for the same purpose, Right-off-way roads, will be united as single activity.
3. Management control: At any time, the field personnel can send and receive information to the head office network,
This is available for everyone in the company to use.
4. Poor quality costs: Defect caused during construction activities is money waste and time consuming to repair.
5. Maintainability improving: field data that has been recorded in the CQAS during construction is useful
to establish criteria and the plan required to do the maintenance like MTBF calculation .
Discussion: This thesis has discussed the question ' How can transmission line construction, become more attribute to quality.
Conclusion: A quality model for field construction process developed in this thesis - CQAS. The main conclusion can summarized as follows:
· It allows recording on-line construction activity data by field personnel; enable far more effective management to control the construction process.
· The CQAS successfully tested in the field during construction.
· The data recorded show that we could combine several construction activities from the same ambit to one action, like right-off-way-road. Thus saving money.
· Contribution to maintenance plans, line reliability calculation and future use.