Stem Cells - 138044
Will not be given the year
Determination of the grade according to progress during the semester and the submission of the final thesis
This Course Will Cover a Broad Range of Topics Relevant to Stem Cell Biology. We Will Adress the Folowing: Stem Cell Overview Including Stemness Criteria and Stem Cell Assays. Fluripotent Stem Cells in Vertebrate Embryos. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell and Their Clinical Use. Adult Stem Cells in Different Tissues and Organisms. Stem Cell Niches. Mechanisms of Stem Cell. Self-Reneawal. Cell Cycle Regulators in Stem Cell. Stem Cell Differntiation. Stem Cells in Wound Healing and Regenration. Cancer Stem Cells. on Completing the Course, the Students Will:
1. Understand the Term Steam Cell and the Criteria and Standards Used in the Field.
2. Become Familiar with Embryonic and Adult Stem Cells.
3. Understand How a Steam Cell Can Differentiate and Dedifferentiate.
4. Understand the Role of Stem Cells in Cancer and Regeneration.
5. Be Able to Apply Critical Thinking Skills to Current Research in the Stem Cell Field.
|2014||academic press||robert lanza and anthony atala||essentials of stem cell biology (3rd edition)|
Created in 03/02/2023 Time 05:47:43