After the examination – instructions
The examination report reaches the Graduation Procedures Office and thereafter an
E-mail message will be sent to the student and the advisor detailing the approvals required for completing the final procedures.
Please send all of the scanned approvals via email to
Graduation or via fax to 077-5558519.
- Approval and list of amendments
A student requesting to perform amendments to his thesis will do so according to the guidelines he will receive from the examiners committee during the exam.
After completing the amendments he should send the following to the Graduation Procedures Office:
- Approval of the examiners of the amendments (the approval date of the amendments must be prior to the approval date of submitting the amended
file to the libraries).
- Additionally, a list of the amendments performed after the
examination will also be submitted. The list will be submitted signed by the advisor and the examiners designated as approvers of the amendments.
- Copies for the examiners (only in the event this is required explicitly)
If requested – the student will submit final and amended copies to the number of examiners who requested as such in the exam report.
The copies will be transferred via the secretary of Graduate Studies in the
department and the approval therefore will be sent to the Graduation Procedures Office.
- Amendments submitted late (within one month from the exam date)
If the amendments were submitted late, the Graduation Procedures Office will determine whether there is a fee for the delay.
In the event that there is, please refer to the student accounts department and request a payment slip for the fee according to the following:
- If the amendments were submitted for the examination of the examiners within one month – no tuition will be charged.
- After one month the student will be charged in the amount of 10% of semester’s tuition (the months August – September will not be taken into account in this calculation).
After the payment, the approval should be submitted to the Graduation Procedures Office.
The student will arrive, after calling to coordinate in advance, at the Graduation Procedures Office in the advanced degrees school at the Technion, and will have the Dean of the Graduate School sign
- Student required to perform amendments to his thesis
This shall be performed according to the instructions received from the examiners committee during the exam.
After completing the amendments, he must send the following to the Graduation Procedures Office:
- Approval of the examiners to the amendments (the approval date of the amendments must be prior to the approval date for submitting the amended copies to the libraries).
- Additionally, he will also submit a list of the amendments performed after the exam. The list will be submitted signed by the advisor and the examiners designated as approvers of the amendments.
- Student not required to perform amendments to his thesis
He will produce three copies of his thesis and will have the advisor sign all of them.
The student will submit a digital copy of the thesis (in one Pdf file) to the library in the
department of industrial and management engineering and will receive approval in writing of such. At the end of the completion proceedings at the Technion, the student will submit the
three signed copies to the offices of the economics field at Haifa University.
Once all of the graduation approvals reach the Graduation Procedures Office, the file of the student will be checked in order to ensure that all of the graduation proceedings were completed properly. If documents are missing or an amendment is required for any of the submitted documents, the Graduation Procedures Office will contact the student. The responsibility to ensure that the file is complete and finished is on the student alone.
The date for eligibility for the degree is set forth as the date of the departmental library
approval. After completing the academic requirements and the financial obligations, the student’s file is ready for the examination by the Degree Committee. The Degree Committee of the Technion convenes six times annually (on an average of once every two months, and less frequently during the summer). The Degrees Committee examines the basis of the students’ files and checks whether the students have complied with all of the academic requirements and fulfilled all of their requirements at the Technion.
After the approval of the Degrees Committee, a list of degree recipients is transferred for the approval of the Technion’s Senate members.
Within five days from the date the notice was sent to the Senate, if there is no opposition, the approval for eligibility that includes approval for the completion of studies and an approved grade list is sent out. The approvals are sent directly to the student’s home.
The diplomas are granted in a ceremony once per year.